Recent projects include:
- Helping the Senior Partner of a law firm introduce Social Media Marketing throughout the firm, including a workshop for Partners and blogs for two departments.
- Researching, drafting and co-ordinating a blog for a branded consumer product.
- Writing a Social Media Marketing Strategy for a retail chain.
- Developing a blog for an higher educational student project which also acted as students’ final report.
- E-newsletters for a number of organisations which work alongside blogs, Twitter and other social media sites.
- Working in a progressive PR agency developing social media strategies for organisations, brands and professionals.
A building firm lost their marketing manager to maternity leave. They hired us, short-term, for two days a week to “pick up the pieces, keep current programmes going and develop some digital initiatives”. The pieces were a nightmare: information was in a number of places; we pulled it all together and created a plan, content schedule and new budget. We engaged the two-person sales team and integrated their activity into the social media content schedule. The cost-of-sales figure has gone down 40%, sales lead volume is up 12% (in poor trading conditions) and the function now has a plan that everyone has agreed. We are now contracted to attend, and advise at, the fortnightly sales and marketing meeting.
A regional hotel chain (flagship city centre hotel, two outliers) had started a social media initiative but had no rational strategy for either social media or digital in general. We used our DAPS auditing tool (Digital Assets Planning System) to establish what they already had, where they wanted to go and developed a plan of how to get there. We also advised on social media management tools, training two new members of staff. A measurement dashboard was set up with two levels of detail; a full list for the marketing communication team — a headline set of figures for the board.